Senior/Executive Director, Medical Affairs
The Senior/Executive Director of Medical Affairs (MA) will work collaboratively with the VP of Medical Affairs across all functional areas of Medical Affairs including Scientific Communications, Publications, Congresses, KOL/Investigator Engagement, and Societies/Grants & Sponsorships supporting all AnaptysBio programs.
Annually: USD 196000 - 252000
Apply for this Job
San Diego, California, United States
The Senior/Executive Director of Medical Affairs (MA) will work collaboratively with the VP of Medical Affairs across all functional areas of Medical Affairs including Scientific Communications, Publications, Congresses, KOL/Investigator Engagement, and Societies/Grants & Sponsorships supporting all AnaptysBio programs in the clinic, including, but not limited to, ANB032 in Atopic Dermatitis, rosnilimab in Rheumatoid Arthritis and rosnilimab in other inflammatory diseases.
At an exciting time of growth for our company with a significant number of ongoing and planned clinical trials supporting multiple investigational agents in the pipeline followed closely by new investigational agents from the internal research platforms, the successful candidate will be a strategic thought partner to the VP of MA and will integrate and work cross-functionally across the clinical and research organizations.
- Lead and participate in the creation and execution of medical strategies for scientific communications with key external stakeholders, such as KOLs, investigators, society leadership, etc
- Facilitate strategic alignment between and within the clinical and research AnaptysBio teams
- Provide strategic pull-through into various externally facing materials as external educational needs expand
- Assist with publication strategies, publications development, and publications process implementation
- Support KOL and investigator engagement strategies including collaborations with VP, Medical Affairs for leading Strategic Councils and advisory boards
- Drive development of externally facing materials for the scientific communities we work with in a variety of therapeutic areas, including but not limited to Dermatology and Rheumatology
- Support congress planning activities for ~20 conferences/year
- Attend prioritized congresses for meeting coverage and any subsequent KOL or investigator engagements
- Stay abreast of new developments in clinical paradigms, treatment guidelines, peer-reviewed publications and trends in therapeutic areas of focus
- Lead efforts to develop consistent and agreed upon language in scientific platforms and lexicons for each program and respective therapeutic areas
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships at AnaptysBio to ensure Medical Affairs strategies align with corporate objectives and specific team’s needs
Education & Experience:
- Advanced degree in life science field (e.g. PharmD, MD, PhD, etc.)
- 15+ years medical affairs experience in Pharma/Biotech
- Knowledge of drug development process
- Ability to articulate complex biology, pre-clinical data and clinical data in an easily digestible way
- Demonstrated past success managing multiple projects and meeting tight timelines
- Collaborative team layer who can motivate colleagues, lead cross functional teams, and drive towards meeting objectives
- Experience in developing Medical Affairs organizations and implementing processes and procedures within complex organizations
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new disease states and immunology/inflammatory biology
- Interact with all levels of the company cross-functionally, including Executive Leadership
- PC literacy required with MSOffice skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, & Powerpoint
- Frequent travel to the San Diego office required; travel to conferences and other meetings as needed; estimated 20-30%.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Accountable and transparent
- Team player, with roll up the sleeves attitude; ability to rally others around a common vision generating enthusiasm and credibility
- Self-starter with energy, drive, and determination to accomplish goals
- Reflects corporate core values of transparency, accountability, and humility
- Strategic thinker who can generate ideas and opportunities and turn them into successful results
- Results-oriented and conveys sense of urgency and drive for closure; prioritizes multiple, competing tasks
- Creative and critically intellectual with openness to new ideas and flexibility around implementation while still delivering high quality and timely materials
- Ability to work with little supervision with confidence
- Pragmatic decision-maker
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate issues related to successful achievement of identified goals and objectives and to be proactive in heading off challenges before they occur
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus in order to read.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, typically in an open office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
May be required to travel by plane or car.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Salary Description: $196k-$252k, 25% bonus, 10%401k, Stock Options&RSU
4 months ago