Scientist IO Computational Biology
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of biology, particularly in the fields of immunology, oncology, or immuno-oncology. The candidate will utilize cutting-edge computational biology and bioinformatics techniques to drive scientific insights.
Annually: USD 0 - 0
Apply for this Job
Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
Agenus is seeking a seasoned computational biologist to join our team of innovative scientists in driving the analysis and interpretation of multi-modal data towards the development of cancer therapeutics, biomarker discovery, and other translational efforts. The candidate will play a key role in supporting Agenus' mission to bring novel immuno-oncology treatments to patients.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of biology, particularly in the fields of immunology, oncology, or immuno-oncology. The candidate will utilize cutting-edge computational biology and bioinformatics techniques to drive scientific insights. This person will have a significant impact across the entire drug discovery process, from target identification and validation, to preclinical, clinical, and translational stages. A successful candidate will provide translational hypotheses and predictive biomarkers to inform clinical development strategies.
- Designing and applying bioinformatics methods to solve problems in immuno-oncology
- Implementing and deploying biological data analysis methods and tools
- PhD or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Bioinformatics, or a related field
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrate proficiency with major programming languages and frameworks
- Extensive hands-on experience in projects related to NGS data analysis and sequence-based analysis of genomic, transcriptomic, or proteomic data sets
- Extensive experience in statistical analysis of multi-omics data (e.g. bulk/single-cell RNA-seq, microarray, proteomics or genetics data), longitudinal data, and developing predictive models
- Extensive knowledge and experience in areas such as immunology and cancer biology, and biomarker development
- Strong programming skills in Python or R and good programming practices
- Experience with distributed version control systems
- Proven track record of publications and presentation skills
- Experience in creating pipelines in NextFlow or equivalentProactive scientist with outstanding presentation and communication skills that foster collaboration and teamwork
- Standard Office-type environment
- Remote work options
- Occasional domestic and international travel
6 months ago