Senior Manager Strategic Planning and Operations
We are seeking a highly engaged, curious and motivated Senior Manager of Strategic Planning and Operations to join our biotech company. Reporting directly to the Head of Strategic Planning & Operations, this person will play a key role in setting the company up for success and advancing our clinical pipeline.
Annually: USD 144000 - 176000
Apply for this Job
Agoura Hills, California, United States
We are seeking a highly engaged, curious and motivated Senior Manager of Strategic Planning and Operations to join our biotech company. Reporting directly to the Head of Strategic Planning & Operations, this person will play a key role in setting the company up for success and advancing our clinical pipeline. The successful candidate will design and shape roadmaps that connect functions, processes, and technology across the organization. The role is highly visible and the successful candidate will need to be able to balance operational excellence with strategic insights and operate at multiple levels within and across the company to help ensure A2’s ongoing success. This role is hybrid with a preference for local candidates that can be on site 1-2 times a week.
- Partner with the Head of Strategic Planning & Operations to design and shape strategic roadmaps that connect functions through processes, and technology in order to drive operational efficiency and ultimately enable the advancement of our clinical pipeline.
- Lead the Operations functions strategic planning process by partnering with the heads of IT, Business Operations and Facilities to help formulate goals, strategies, budgets and action plans.
- Support the construction of a new Ph 2 manufacturing facility by being involved in the budget and timeline
- Troubleshoot operational issues across the company and propose and lead solutions
- Drive the implementation of key corporate, functional and cross-functional initiatives and projects while ensuring alignment with the company's strategic direction and objectives.
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop and manage project timelines, budgets, and resource allocation.
- Develop management communication tools (dashboards, etc.) that clearly communicate strategy, status, etc.
- Lead the strategic planning, project management and change management component of rolling out new software and retirement of legacy software
- Work with functional leads to develop and optimize processes for the core operations functions (IT, Business Ops and Facilities) as well as across the company to enhance productivity, efficiency, and quality.
- Provide inputs into and extract insights out of company’s integrated timeline
- Create social media posts and work with Creative Agency to maintain and enhance A2 website
- Collaborate across the organization to maintain the Corporate Calendar
- Masters & 6+ years relevant experience in program/project management, consulting or related field within the biotech industry
- Bachelor's & 8+ years relevant experience in program/project management, consulting or related field within the biotech industry
- Strong understanding of the biotech landscape, including market dynamics, regulatory requirements, and industry trends.
- Proven track record of developing and executing strategic plans and initiatives within a small to mid-sized biotech company.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with a data-driven approach.
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent project management software skills using platforms such as Smartsheets or MS Project
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex information to diverse audiences.
- Strength in ability to distill complex issues into succinct messaging
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a fast-paced, evolving environment and drive change.
- If you are seeking a role that offers enormous breadth and the opportunity to design and shape roadmaps connecting functions, processes, and technology, while being a key part of advancing our clinical pipeline, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
At A2 we believe in investing in our team. Our benefits programs are just one of the many ways we strive to help our employees take care of themselves and their families. We offer a variety of programs, from comprehensive medical insurance to generous time off policies designed to help meet the needs of our diverse team.
- Competitive base salary and annual incentive opportunities (annual salary for this position is $144,000 - $176,000)
- Equity participation
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefits (including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and accident insurance)
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Paid time off and holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Environment where professional development is actively encouraged and supported.
5 months ago