Scientist II - Biomarkers
Provide scientific leadership and strategic input into assay selection/development/validation for uncovering pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers in clinical trials involving immunotherapeutic agents.
Annually: USD 0 - 0
Apply for this Job
Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
We are a dedicated group of scientists, physicians, and businesspeople working together toward one goal: to discover and develop therapies that can unleash the power of the body’s immune system to treat and potentially cure cancer. We are passionate about the work we do every day at Agenus to deliver on the promise of immuno-oncology. If you’re looking for an inspired environment, passionate colleagues, and a culture that nurtures learning, innovation and team success, we invite you to join us.
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist II to join our Biomarkers Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic input into key hypotheses, assay selection/development/validation for uncovering pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers, as well as rigorous oversight of assays performance involving clinical trial specimens and data analysis in the context of clinical outcomes to address exploratory objectives of clinical trials involving immunotherapeutic agents.
In the role you will:
- Provide scientific leadership and strategic input into assay selection/development/validation for uncovering pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers in clinical trials involving immunotherapeutic agents.
- Develop and validate novel assays for the analysis of clinical specimens to support the biomarker strategy for immunotherapeutic agents.
- Provide oversight and management of clinical biomarker testing activities, including vendor selection, assay development, validation, and sample analysis.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to design and implement biomarker studies that support exploratory objectives in clinical trials.
- Analyze and interpret data generated from clinical biomarker studies, and contribute to the preparation of scientific publications and regulatory submissions.
- Perform data analysis in the context of clinical outcomes to address exploratory objectives of clinical trials involving immunotherapeutic agents.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and company policies and procedures related to clinical biomarker testing activities.
- Stay current with the latest scientific and technological developments in the field of biomarker discovery and development.
Qualifications, About You:
- Ph.D. in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g., immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field) with 2+ years of industry experience, or Master's degree with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Strong expertise in the development and validation of assays for the analysis of clinical specimens, particularly in the area of immunoassays.
- Experience with a wide range of immunoassay platforms (e.g., ELISA, MSD, Luminex, flow cytometry) and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization software (e.g., Prism, Spotfire, FlowJo).
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements related to clinical biomarker testing activities (e.g., FDA, EMA, ICH).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills with proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for continuous learning in an ever-evolving field of immunobiology and immunotherapy.
6 months ago