Senior Scientist, Upstream Development
Develop scalable cell culture processes for production of monoclonal and bispecific antibodies and fusion/trap proteins using mammalian expression systems.
Annually: USD 120000 - 155000
Apply for this Job
Berkeley, California, United States
We are a dedicated group of scientists, physicians, and businesspeople working together toward one goal: to discover and develop therapies that can unleash the power of the body’s immune system to treat and potentially cure cancer. We are passionate about the work we do every day at Agenus to deliver on the promise of immuno-oncology. If you’re looking for an inspired environment, passionate colleagues, and a culture that nurtures learning, innovation and team success, we invite you to join us.
In the role you will:
- Develop scalable cell culture processes for production of monoclonal and bispecific antibodies and fusion/trap proteins using mammalian expression systems.
- Design, investigate, and execute experiments to explore all aspects of media, feeds, and cell culture optimization and product recovery from process streams.
- Author technical developmental reports.
- Participate in writing CMC sections for regulatory submissions including IND/IMPD and BLA/MAA.
- Lead efforts in improving current cell culture process, e.g. literature searches, vendor interactions, etc.
- Collaborate with other functional areas, including cell line development, downstream development, analytical and formulation development and manufacturing groups.
- Involve in technology transfer of clinical and commercial production processes to CMOs.
- Mentor and share expertise with research associates.
- Ph.D. in Biochemical Engineering/Chemical Engineering or related field with 2 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; or BS/MS in Biochemical Engineering/Chemical Engineering or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Development of scalable mammalian cell culture process, from small- (ambr, 1L) to intermediate- and large- scale (e.g. 1000L/2000L) bioreactors.
- Experience in scale up and transfer of upstream cell culture process from small-scale to large scale bioreactors.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories in media optimization and nutrients role in fed batch fermentation.
- Experience in leading, engaging, and motivating others within team environments.
- Knowledge of bioreactor hardware and controllers in intermediate-to- commercial scale (1L-2000L).
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software (JMP).
- Knowledge of cGMPs and process validation requirements desired.
- Require some flexibility in work schedule, occasional weekend or off-shift hours to troubleshoot and/or monitor cell culture processes.
The targeted salary range for this position is $120,000 - $155,000 per year. Agenus is making a good faith effort to be transparent and accurate around our hiring ranges. The salary offered is commensurate with Agenus’s compensation philosophy and considers factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, external market conditions, critical needs of the role, and internal equity.
6 months ago